Welcome to Inseego's 5G SD EDGE Wiki. Here is where we share documentation and concepts pertinent to the successful deployment and operation of SD EDGE.
Inseego's 5G SD EDGE portfolio provides comprehensive network orchestration, enhanced visibility, and seamless connectivity tailored to the needs of modern businesses. With this solution, businesses can reduce concerns about unexpected downtime, mitigate the aftermath of intrusions, and avoid wasteful expenditure on under-utilized circuits. Spend more time focusing on your core operations while benefiting from a robust and efficient network infrastructure.
- EDGE Manager is the core of the management plane, providing a Single-Pane-of-Glass.
- Network Visibility & Operations
- Logging & Alerting
- Scalable API for network automation & integrations
- Virtual Machine appliance or Docker stack
- CBR (Cloud-Based-Router) is an x86 router Virtual Machine appliance. It can run in any cloud (IaaS) as VPN head-end or on-prem in uCPE or hypervisor for edge-routing.
- FG series is an edge-router, sporting flexible 5G cellular & Ethernet WAN connectivity, dual-band Wi-Fi 6 w/ multiple SSIDs, & an m-Gig and three 1Gbps Ethernet ports. It is perfect for branch & retail sites or as a regional, physical VPN head-end.
- Both FG & CBR support L4 firewall rules, dynamic routing (BGP & OSPF), multiple VLANs, QoS, LxC containers, Wireguard & IPsec (including FIPS 140-2) tunnels.
- FX (work from anywhere) w/ WiFi 6, FW (outdoor fixed wireless), & S (industrial/IoT) series modems are also supported & enhanced by SD EDGE. They provide awesome 5G connectivity with support of static routing, tunnel spokes, & NAT or IP PassThrough modes.
- ZTNA Broker (Zero Trust Network Architecture) is a turn-key AAA/RADIUS server Virtual Machine appliance, controlling access to the network.
- Tunnels provide an encrypted overlay network for sensitive workloads.
- Flexible topologies: mesh, spoke-and-hub, & client-access; full or split tunneling
- NAT hole-punching
- Service-chaining with L7 or Next Generation Firewall, Network Analysis systems, etc.
Start here with the Deployment Guide!